UT NODULARITY CONTROL
For Inspection of SG/Ductile or Gray Iron Parts and In-Line Nodularity Control the “MATVEL” is a comprehensive solution featuring Dry-Coupled Probes and Direct Read-out of Velocity with User-Programmable Thresholds. MATVEL can run up to 8 Channels and has 5V / 24V Inputs & Outputs with the option of Ethernet communications.
MatVel is a state-of-the-art digital ultrasonic nodularity control system for industrial applications in the cast iron industry; uniquely offering dry coupled ultrasonic measurement capability.
The system is suitable for manual or in-line spot testing of components. This is achieved by using a customized transducer and delay line.
MatVel combines all the functionality of an outstanding flaw detector together with specific add-ons customized for the application.
The system can therefore meet the requirements for any set up, with live A-scan signal presentation and direct reading of acoustic velocity, thickness measurements and flaw (in spot) detection.
MatVel is an autonomous system ready for the integration on the most common process lines as one additional step or to be installed in a separate inspection cabinet.
• Full process automation and control.
• Digital I/O outputs PC Board, and PLC
• From 1 MHz to 20 MHz transducers
• Spheric or membranes delays (acc. to thickness).
• Software aplicación. for automated control, acquisition, evaluation, reporting.
• Precise and consistent transducer placement.
• Dry-coupled transducer avoids couplant/oil contamination of part.
• Reduces cost by eliminating couplant and cleaning.
• Choice of digital or analogue outputs.
• Direct read out of velocity.
• User programmable alarm limits.
Nodularity, Thickness measurements and flaw detection, at same time due to 8 channels UT board
- Multichannel system up to 8 independent channels and 3 gates per channel.
- Easy user interface, one app for UT control and external configuration.
- Real time information, fast internal calculation.
- Automatic calculation for:
- UT velocity calculation.
- Defect detection.
- Real thickness.
- Internal synchronization and easy connection for external integration, PLC, reporting etc
- Socomate 8 channels UT PC Board
- Remote pulser
- Immersion technique, transmission.
- Fixed probes distance.
- Water travel path known
- TOF modification due to part, will allow the calculation of the REAL UT velocity.
- Flaw detection.
- Thickness measurements
- Real UT velocity in immersion technique
Tecnitest has been developing dry coupling components for more than 10 years, providing the market with different solutions in different industrial sectors, like: Nodularity control, spotweld inspection and carbon fiber inspection.
UNIQUE DRY COUPLANT TECHNIQUE with different shapes for the delays are available together with different probe configurations (frequency and dimensions) to assure the best approach to the customer part.
In real time
Material velocity, thickness, and flaw detection.
Dry-Coupled Probes or immersion technique.
External programmable alarms.